Friday 29 March 2013

Bubble Fruit Bowl



My fruit bowl model was designed to be a one part drop out mould instead of extruding bubbles I decided to use bubbles that I would subtract from a solid bowl shape. I went through 26 models to get to my preferred aesthetic. The bowl is quite large and would be suitable as a decorative bowl or fruit bowl as demonstrated in my 3D rendering below. Ive also included a close up photograph of the inside of the bowl mould to show the high detail achieved using a perspex mould.


The bowl will be slipcast in a colour from my ice colour scheme inspired by ice, cooled lava, and snowy mountains.
Compared to the vases the bowl will be more interesting to slip cast as you will be able to see the inside of the layers. Im curious to see whether the straight edges will be lost to the slip, either way the inside of the bowl has just as much interest as the outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment