Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Final Ceramic Pieces

Once I had cast 4 or 5 of each mould I created, I cleaned them up ready for a low firing at 1000 degrees, this was to allow me to sponge and spray my pieces in underglaze. I attempted underglazing before a firing it worked with one piece, but another piece cracked due to the excessive water going into the slip. I attempted to fill in the crack with white stopper, underglaze and firing. So I ended up sponging and spraying my pieces all different shades from my underglazes so that no piece from a set is the same colour.



















Overall I have 26 pieces underglazed, I took 7 of my pieces and used a transparent glaze either just inside, or all over to see how it looked and worked. I do however prefer the matte apperance more than glazed but it does allow my pieces to become functional.





No comments:

Post a Comment