Sunday 16 December 2012

Project Ideas

I want to link both projects in both material areas I do by their inspiration, form and process. I want both projects to have a strong Digital Design base, showing my skills in 3D drawings, design sheets and prototyping. I want to bring elements of Digital Design into the making of my Ceramics project, looking at 3D printing and model making with the laser cutter to make moulds.  
Ceramics
For ceramics I’m going to make a range of functional tableware vessels based on rock formations. Inspiration for both projects has come from looking at pancake rocks, layered rocks, stalagmites and stalactites, contour maps, volcanic and ice formations. I want to concentrate on layering, shape and being precise. My pieces will be made using moulds, and decorated with coloured slip layers.   
  
















Digital Design
For Digital Design I will be producing a table and floor mood light that will relate to the Ceramic project in form. Lighting research and 3D drawings will help me to test lighting effects before I decide how I will make it and what materials I will use. A separate project will be done alongside my lighting project but will not be fully made, the project is another lighting project based on the insides of fruit. I would like to have worked in resin creating silicone moulds to pour the resin into, but because of time and lack of equipment and staff specialties I wouldn’t be able to confidently attempt it. So I will only take my lights to the prototyping stage, creating mini models, design sheets, design development and 3D visualisations.
Within all my projects I want demonstrate my strong link in product design, with the prototypes, mould making, Slipcasting, design development, design sheets and 3D applications. This blog will be alongside my work at my degree show to highlight my links with the Digital world and show the development of ideas, inspirations and processes I used to produce my degree show in May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment