Monday 17 December 2012

Idea Developing


Bringing structure to the formations was one way I’ve used to further my ideas. There is no real structure or pattern to the rock formations so to give them this, I produced 2D drawings of the formations and flipped them on the side and then split them into 5mm thick blocks following the original lines, which inadvertently ended up looking like pancake rock formations. The drawings were produced using CorelDRAW X5, the programme allows you to draw precisely and it’s simple to use with a little practice.
 
















From this I divided the drawing to single sections. I then used the 2D drawings to produce a 3D model in SolidWorks 2012, I created the profile of the section from circles as shown below. I then wanted to test the piece as a vessel, that would be made with moulds, but how would I make the model? I want to link Digital Design with Ceramics, so 3D prototype printing could be used to produce the model to mould from.

No comments:

Post a Comment